an ideal touring centre, situated just off the A9 Stirling to Perth road.
famous for its natural spring water sources and the Blackford Highland Games.
the capital of Strathearn situated in one of Scotland's most beautiful and unspoiled areas.
a village steeped in history from the earliest times.
For a wider look at the area, load our Perthshire Map and choose your destination!
Details of all the items mentioned in this introduction are available from the Tourist Office in nearby Auchterarder High Street.
Scottish Tourist Board
ask is officially named Findogask after St. Findoc, the patron saint
of the parish church. The church at Gask has in its possession a book with
the words "This book belongs unto the Session of Findoch Gask,
1722" on its title page. This dedication separates the parish of
Gask with the neighbouring Trinity Gask.
The present House of Gask dates from 1801 although the ruins of an earlier house can be found in the grounds. The 'Auld Hoose', celebrated in song, is probably the building purchased by Laurence Oliphant from his cousin in 1625.
In the following year the house was burned and ransacked by Hanoverian troops, and the old laird and his son were banished.
|Last Updated June 2001|
|© Scottish Towns|